HAVE YOUR SAY
2017 Medium Term Budget Policy Statement (MTBPS)
Call for Public Submissions and Comments
The Standing and Select Committees on Appropriations invite stakeholders and interested parties to submit written submissions on the 2017 Medium Term Budget Policy Statement (MTBPS) that will be tabled before Parliament on 25 October 2017.
The Minister of Finance will table the 2017 MTBPS (including the Division of Revenue Amendment Bill and the Adjustments Appropriation Bill) in accordance with section 6 (1) and section 12 of the Money Bills Amendment Procedure and Related Matters Act 9 of 2009 (the Act). The National Assembly and National Council of Provinces’ Appropriations Committees are required according to the Act, to consider and report on the following issues:
- the spending priorities of national government for the next three years;
- the proposed division of revenue between the spheres of government and between arms of government within a sphere for the next three years; and
- the proposed substantial adjustments to conditional grants to provinces and local government, if any.
Joint public hearings will be held at Parliament as follows:
- Friday, 10 November 2017: 2017 Division of Revenue Amendment Bill (Standing Committee on Appropriations: NA and Select Committees on Appropriations: NCOP)
- Friday, 24 November 2017: 2017 MTBPS and 2017 Adjustments Appropriation Bill (Standing Committee on Appropriations: NA and Select Committee on Appropriations: NCOP)
Submissions and/or an indication of your intention to make a verbal presentation must be received by no later than 16:00 on Wednesday, 8 November 2017.
Submissions must be directed to the Committee Secretaries, Mr D Arends and Mr L Nodada, 3rd Floor, 90 Plein Street, Cape Town, 8000 or daarends [at] parliament.gov.za / Lnodada [at] parliament.gov.za / or tel. (021) 403-8105 / (021) 403-3669 or fax: 086 516 0638/086 515 6822.
Copies of the 2017 MTBPS will be available at www.treasury.gov.za from 25 October 2017.
Issued by Hon. YN Phosa, MP, Chairperson: Standing Committee on Appropriations (National Assembly) and Hon. CJ de Beer, MP, Acting Chairperson: Select Committee on Appropriations (National Council of Provinces).